Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net: stmmac: avoid passing pci_dev

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2026 16:50:09 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Thu, 12 Mar 2026 12:13:52 +0000 you wrote:
> The pci_dev is only used to provide the ethtool bus_info using
> pci_name(priv->plat->pdev). This is the same as dev_name(priv->device).
> Thus, rather than passing the pci_dev, make use of what we already
> have.
> 
> To avoid unexpectedly exposing the device name through ethtool where
> it wasn't provided before, add a flag priv->plat->provide_bus_info
> to enable this, which only dwmac-intel needs to set.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next] net: stmmac: avoid passing pci_dev
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/f807b5b9b89e

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html