Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] ASoC: mediatek: mt8183: Fix probe resource cleanup

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2026 16:11:11 +0100

On Wed, 27 May 2026 10:41:47 -0300, Cássio Gabriel wrote:
> ASoC: mediatek: mt8183: Fix probe resource cleanup
> 
> The MT8183 AFE probe has two cleanup gaps that match issues
> recently fixed in newer MediaTek AFE drivers.
> 
> First, reserved memory assigned with of_reserved_mem_device_init()
> is never released on driver removal or later probe failures.
> 
> [...]

Applied to

   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound.git for-7.2

Thanks!

[1/2] ASoC: mediatek: mt8183: Release reserved memory on cleanup
      https://git.kernel.org/broonie/sound/c/bee65e00c092
[2/2] ASoC: mediatek: mt8183: Check runtime resume during probe
      https://git.kernel.org/broonie/sound/c/f0334fbfd107

All being well this means that it will be integrated into the linux-next
tree (usually sometime in the next 24 hours) and sent to Linus during
the next merge window (or sooner if it is a bug fix), however if
problems are discovered then the patch may be dropped or reverted.

You may get further e-mails resulting from automated or manual testing
and review of the tree, please engage with people reporting problems and
send followup patches addressing any issues that are reported if needed.

If any updates are required or you are submitting further changes they
should be sent as incremental updates against current git, existing
patches will not be replaced.

Please add any relevant lists and maintainers to the CCs when replying
to this mail.

Thanks,
Mark