Subject: Re: [PATCH net next] net: axienet: Use dedicated ethtool_ops for the dmaengine path

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2026 02:30:19 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Mon, 1 Jun 2026 18:14:54 +0530 you wrote:
> The dmaengine path shares ethtool_ops with the legacy AXI DMA path,
> including .get_coalesce/.set_coalesce that poke XAXIDMA_*_CR_OFFSET
> directly. In dmaengine mode lp->dma_regs is not mapped by axienet, so
> those ethtool calls touch unmapped/unrelated memory and report values
> unrelated to the channel actually in use.
> 
> .get_ringparam/.set_ringparam only touch lp->rx_bd_num/lp->tx_bd_num,
> fields used only by the legacy path for BD ring sizing. In dmaengine
> mode the descriptor ring is owned by the dmaengine provider and these
> fields are not consulted, so reporting them is misleading.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net,next] net: axienet: Use dedicated ethtool_ops for the dmaengine path
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/c1c3d01e3a90

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html