Subject: [RFC 0/4] TI LCDC DRM driver

From: [email-masked] (Laurent Pinchart)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 01:05:34 +0100

On Thursday 10 January 2013 10:16:10 Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Rob Clark <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Updated version of DRM driver for TI LCD Controller.  Since the initial
> > version of the patch, which only supported TFP410 DVI output, I've added
> > an output driver for LCD panels (for example, LCD3 or LCD7 cape for the
> > beagle-bone), and initial support for HDMI output via NXP TDA19988 HDMI
> > encoder (via i2c encoder-slave output driver).
> > 
> > At this point, I think the basic lcdc drm driver plus TFP410 DVI output
> > (first patch) is in reasonable shape (barring potential rename, if lcdc
> > is too generic of a name... but I was not feeling creative enough yet to
> > pick a new name).
> 
> I'd like at least tilcdc :-)

So do I :-) The Renesas LCD controller is also called LCDC, and they called 
the fbdev driver sh_mobile_lcdcfb. tilcdc isn't *that* long in comparison :-)

-- 
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart