Subject: What's inside the pxa tree for this merge window

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Mack)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:44:01 +0200

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 08:35:51PM +0800, Eric Miao wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Daniel Mack <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Hmm, I'd say you don't want fb.fix.accel set unless the driver is
> > enabled, right?
> >
> 
> I'm not sure if it can be set anyway without the driver being
> built.

DirectFB userspace applications take that value to decide whether to
enable the acceleration driver or go for software fallbacks. If that
field is set, the kernel is expected to come along with the driver
interface.

Hence, it should really only be set if the driver is enabled, otherwise
the userspace logic breaks.

> I mean - I don't want Kconfig option to cross modules.

I agree, and it would be even better to only set that field in case the
driver has actually been probed (and not just enabled in the kernel
config). But I see no clean way to do that - the gcu driver has no
access to the framebuffer driver and its data structs either.

Daniel