Subject: USB support on i.MX27

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Mack)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:57:37 +0100

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 09:43:41AM -0200, Alan Carvalho de Assis wrote:
> I am trying to add USB support to i.MX27 on mainline linux kernel, I
> am following your modifications as in this post:
> 
> "Re: Comment to "[PATCH 7/8] Add EHCI support for MX27 and MX31 based boards"
> 
> I can't find xcvr.h and isp1504_xcvr.h then I copied fsl_xcvr.h from
> FSL kernel to mainline:
> 
> alan at metropolis:~/ltib-patches/ltib/rpm/BUILD/linux$ cp
> include/linux/usb/fsl_xcvr.h
> ~/linux/pengutronix/linux-2.6/include/linux/usb/xcvr.h
> 
> But I can't to figure out where to find isp1504_xcvr.h.

There is nothing special about the ISP1504. On the register level, it is
compliant to generic ULPI transceivers, and hence the driver in mainline
was named accordingly. There is nothing you need to add from the BSPs
anymore, everything is on its way to mainline already.

> Could you please help me to get USB working on iMX27ADS?

There are a number of boards that implement USB support already for MX3,
and they're all in Sascha's tree. Most of them have been added just
recently, so make sure you're looking at the newest source. As mentioned
above, for ISP1504, you just need create a generic ULPI transceiver.

The only thing that is missing is code that maps the .flags and maybe
.portsc settings from the mxc_usbh_platform_data struct to the
appropriate registers on MX27. And of course, your board support will
need some IOMUX settings.

Daniel