Subject: Default machine include placements

From: [email-masked] (Ben Dooks)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:49:56 +0000

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 04:02:56AM +0000, Ben Dooks wrote:
> Currently in the s3c/s5p familt we're seeing quite a number of the
> same things being repeated for items like entry-macro.S, hardware.h
> and so on.
> 
> The first question is about adding include/mach directories to
> eitehr plat-s5p or plat-samsung to mop up the files that keep
> getting repeated (since the plat-* directories are processed after
> the machine directory includes the mach-xxx are still free to overide
> these as necessary)

As context, this is part of the work that I am currently doing with
Samsung to improve the mainlining of the newer SoC series. Part of this
is to try and cut down on the amount of repetition that gets done by
some of the porting teams. This is generally to stop things like the
replication of the serial drivers or ending up with complete new copies
of the SDHCI core simply because they could.

-- 
Ben

Q:      What's a light-year?
A:      One-third less calories than a regular year.