Subject: [PATCH] Voipac PXA270

From: [email-masked] (Baurzhan Ismagulov)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:21:09 +0100

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:10:52AM +0800, Eric Miao wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Marek Vasut <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Yes, they are used in the PCMCIA driver. And I'd rather avoid having GPIO
> > definitions scattered across multiple files.
> 
> Mmm... that's because PCMCIA driver is not abstracted well enough to
> allow all platform specific stuffs back into board file. Once that's done,
> these shared definitions could be avoided to live in a separate header
> file.

What is the recommended method to abstract that? For example, I have two
boards with different GPIO pins assigned to mean certain external
signals. I also ended up with GPIO definitions in a header, which is
used by the driver, and I'd like to clean this up.

Thanks in advance,
-- 
Baurzhan Ismagulov
http://www.kz-easy.com/