Subject: [PATCH] Voipac PXA270

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Mack)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:07:27 +0100

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 02:21:09PM +0100, Baurzhan Ismagulov wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:10:52AM +0800, Eric Miao wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Marek Vasut <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > > Yes, they are used in the PCMCIA driver. And I'd rather avoid having GPIO
> > > definitions scattered across multiple files.
> > 
> > Mmm... that's because PCMCIA driver is not abstracted well enough to
> > allow all platform specific stuffs back into board file. Once that's done,
> > these shared definitions could be avoided to live in a separate header
> > file.
> 
> What is the recommended method to abstract that? For example, I have two
> boards with different GPIO pins assigned to mean certain external
> signals. I also ended up with GPIO definitions in a header, which is
> used by the driver, and I'd like to clean this up.

Make up a struct to pass as platform_data. Fill it in your board code
and pass down a reference to the actual driver. The driver code should
then only use resources referenced by the platform data.

This is common practice, just have a look how most other driver do it.

Daniel