Subject: [RFC] Initial attempt to make ARM use LMB

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 14:19:51 -0700

* Russell King - ARM Linux <[email-masked]> [100513 10:35]:
> And here's a patch which converts the OMAP FB code to use lmb_reserve
> instead of poking about with bootmem stuff.  Untested, so I'd like to
> hear back whether it works.

Did a quick test with the following patches picked from your lmb
branch on top of omap for-next branch:

ARM: Remove useless linux/bootmem.h includes
ARM: Ensure meminfo is sorted prior to sanity_check_meminfo
ARM: initial LMB trial
ARM: Move platform LMB memory reservations out of generic code

and then this patch.

It does not boot.. It seems to be related to the patch
"ARM: initial LMB trial". If I only apply the first two patches
above the system boots.

Otherwise it only boots to:

Linux version 2.6.34-rc7-08102-ga1a6e35 ...
CPU: ARMv7 Processor [411fc083] revision 3 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7f  
CPU: VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT nonaliasing instruction cache
Machine: Nokia RX-51 board                                       
Ignoring unrecognised tag 0x414f4d50                             
bootconsole [earlycon0] enabled                                  
Memory policy: ECC disabled, Data cache writeback

Regards,

Tony