Subject: Samsung SoCs framebuffer re-work

From: [email-masked] (Ben Dooks)
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 03:50:58 +0100

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 08:59:29AM +0900, Kyungmin Park wrote:
> Hi Ben,
> 
> Currently there's only one fb drivers for samsung SocS. but it's based
> on s3c24xx and a part of s3c64xx.

Your statement is incorrect, we have the s3c2410-fb driver which deals
with the 2410/2440/2412 style hardware and s3c-fb which is for the newer
devices.

> As you can see the s5pc110 (aka s5pv210) spec, It has more features
> and interconnection between FIMC and FIMD.
> So current fb driver can't handle these features well. So LSI make a
> own fb drivers and use it. You can see the code at their git repo.
> 
> Now we are re-implement or change it for s5pc110 and for future usages.
> How do you think?

I've already got updates for s3c-fb to work on 2416,2443 and the c110/v210
systems. I am talking with the relevant people at System.LSI to get our
drivers closers together, possibly we can get this done for the current
merge window.

-- 
Ben

Q:      What's a light-year?
A:      One-third less calories than a regular year.