Subject: [PATCH v2 2/2] ux500: add ab8500-regulators machine specific data

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:57:48 +0100

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 08:20:54PM +0530, Sundar R IYER wrote:

> > > +		.name = "ab8500-vaudio",
> > > +		.min_uV = 1925000,
> > > +		.max_uV = 2075000,

> > Are you *sure* that all these constraints are accurate for the board?

> As far as the min/max values of the voltage go, yes they are as per the
> data sheet.

Which datasheet, and will the system design actually be varying them at
runtime - if it will how will it do so?  This is the settings for the
particular system and generally a lot of these rails will get fixed at
design time for various reasons (for example, the analogue supplies will
usually depend on the analogue system design).

> > It seems every single voltage is variable even though there are no
> > consumers set up, and they can all be disabled too.

> Yes. all these regulators can be disabled/enabled. does this answer your
> qeury? ( or i didnt understand it properly??)

Again, is it really the case that this will happen in this system?
Nothing is currently able to actually do that, and unless every consumer
using a given supply is hooked into the regulator API things will go
wrong when some of them start doing so.