Subject: [PATCH 1/2] ASoC: Add CS4271 codec support

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 17:49:41 -0700

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 01:39:01PM +1300, Ryan Mallon wrote:
> From: Alexander Sverdlin <[email-masked]>
> 
> Added support for Cirrus CS4271 codec to ALSA SoC subsystem.
> 
> Applies on: 2.6.36-rc6

Unfortunately there have been major changes in the ASoC APIs in -next
for Liam's multi-component work so you'll need to update this before it
can be applied.  You should always submit code against -next (except for
bug fixes to be sent to Linus).

See

   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound-2.6.git

for current code.

I gave the driver a quick review and it looks really good - it just
needs to be updated for current APIs.

> +static const struct snd_kcontrol_new cs4271_snd_controls[] = {
> +	SOC_DOUBLE_R("Master Playback Volume", CS4271_VOLA, CS4271_VOLB, 0, 0x7F, 1),

TLV information would be nice but isn't essential.

> +	SOC_SINGLE("Digital Loopback Switch", CS4271_MODE2, 4, 1, 0),

This should probably be done as part of DAPM.  Again probably not
essential.