Subject: [PATCH 1/3] OMAP: PM: formalize idle notifications

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:05:53 -0700

* Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]> [101020 16:22]:
> Currently in the idle path, we have custom function calls into device
> code to handle device specific actions that need to be coordinated CPU
> idle transitions. Rather than continue this ad-hoc method of calling
> device code from the PM core, create a formal way for device/driver
> code to register for idle notifications.
> 
> Idle notifications are done late in the idle path when interrupts are
> disabled, hence use atomic notifier chains.  These notifications will
> also be atomic with respect to CPU idle transitions.

...

> +EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(omap_idle_notifier_register);
> +EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(omap_idle_notifier_unregister);

Let's rather set this up as a generic framework to avoid adding
more omap specific frameworks to the drivers.

Regards,

Tony