Subject: [PATCH v2 1/2] regulator: add support for regulators on the ab8500 MFD

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:56:21 -0700

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 03:42:53PM -0200, Thiago Farina wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Mark Brown

> > There is no reason to do this, logical values are treated as 0 and 1 in
> > C. ?Using false and true is clear and won't cause any difference in
> > code.

> In C99 I suppose that is true and legal?

Yes.  C has always used 1 and 0 as the numerical mappings for logical
values, the addition of the keywords did not change them.

> >> Maybe like this?
> >> return (ret & info->mask) ? 1: 0;

> > No, that's needlessly obfuscated.

> Obfuscated? What you mean? It is a driver, and people reading and
> writing a driver would know what it means, no?

Adding the ternery operator just makes the code more noisy for no
benefit.

> Would be much simpler if it was just (like done in ab3100.c):

> return (ret & info->mask);

Yes, though there's no problem with the current code either.