Subject: [PATCH RESEND v3] ARM: s3c2442: Setup gpio {set, get}_pull callbacks

From: [email-masked] (Vasily Khoruzhick)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:33:04 +0200

On Tuesday 30 November 2010 15:12:37 Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:

> Hi
> 
> While this might work for setting the pullup, what to you want to return in
> get_pull?

Some custom value like S3C_GPIO_PULL_ENABLED?
 
> The reason why s3c24xx_gpiocfg_default needs to have {get,set}_pull set at
> compile time is that the board init code is called before the cpu init
> code. Which is in my opinion a bit odd and should be fixed instead.

That's because cpu init code is arch_initcall. Kernel calls mdesc-
>init_machine before any arch_initcall function, not sure if it can be fixed 
without massive rework of existing code.

> If it is not fixed for whatever reason we could fallback to using some sort
> of "cpu_is_s3c2442() ? S3C_GPIO_PULL_UP : S3C_GPIO_PULL_DOWN"

AFAIK, Ben does not like runtime CPUtype checks

Regards
Vasily