Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Patches to make multi-soc handling in entry-armv.S easier

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 19:10:03 -0800

* Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]> [101204 18:26]:
> On Sat, 4 Dec 2010, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> 
> My only problem with your approach is the global addition of 
> asm_irq_base and asm_irq_flags in generic code which might not be useful 
> and/or appropriate for all targets.  If you were confining them to some 
> OMAP specific file then I wouldn't mind as much.  Looking at the patch I 
> see that you had omap_irq_base before.  Why wasn't that sufficient?  
> Only omap_irq_flags would be missing.

I guess I was thinking this is something that might help others
to build more machines into one defconfig. If that's not the case,
sure these can be kept omap specific.

After a quick browsing of the entry-macro.S files, looks like
there's some similar ifdeffery for get_irqnr_* macros that just might
be possible to clear out with asm_irq_base and asm_irq_flags:

arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/entry-macro.S
arch/arm/mach-s5p64x0/include/mach/entry-macro.S
arch/arm/mach-ixp4xx/include/mach/entry-macro.S
arch/arm/mach-h720x/include/mach/entry-macro.S
arch/arm/plat-mxc/include/mach/entry-macro.S

Maybe let's wait a while to see if there are other use cases,
if not, I'll make them omap specific.

Regards,

Tony