Subject: [v2 0/7] OMAP: GPIO: Use PM runtime framework

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 09:19:05 +0300

* Linus Walleij <[email-masked]> [110504 00:37]:
> 2011/5/3 Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]>:
> 
> > Are you OK with a move of the current OMAP GPIO drivers (rather ugly)
> > into drivers/gpio first, followed by the cleanup/restructure patches?
> 
> In my case I actually did some cleanup after moving the driver for
> U300, but I think this is a question to the GPIO maintainer who
> I want to ACK this stuff in the end.
> 
> Grant?
> 
> You can always squash it later ...

Personally I would prefer absolutely minimal clean-up of current
code before moving to drivers/gpio to cut down the "crazy churn" in
arch/arm/. Also then further changes are easier for the GPIO
maintainers to review.

Of course I understand that this might cause extra load for the
GPIO maintainers, so it's up to the GPIO maintainers to set the
required standards before accepting the code into drivers/gpio.

Regards,

Tony