Subject: [PATCH v15 06/12] OMAP: dmtimer: switch-over to platform device driver

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:24:03 -0700

* Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> [110914 14:12]:
> 
> Also, as we don't need the support for different register offsets
> for the first two omap4 timers, please rather implement support
> for the new timers and the timeouts directly in plat-omap/dmtimer.c.
> 
> That way we can still keep the minimal timer support simple
> for clocksource and clockevent. Of course this means that we'll
> be only supporting the first two timers as system timers on
> omap4, but that's fine.

Since you already have the struct timer_regs, you can make use
of that in dmtimer.c. Then maybe make the inline functions to
something like this instead:

static inline u32 __omap_dm_timer_read(void __iomem *base, u8 reg,
						u8 pend, int posted);

Where you pass the timer->context.pend depending on the pending
register offset for the timer.

Regards,

Tony