Subject: [RFC PATCH 03/11] DT: regulator: Helper routine to extract regulator_init_data

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:44:27 +0100

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 04:51:59PM +0530, Rajendra Nayak wrote:

>  .../devicetree/bindings/regulator/regulator.txt    |   37 +++++++++
>  drivers/of/Kconfig                                 |    6 ++
>  drivers/of/Makefile                                |    1 +
>  drivers/of/of_regulator.c                          |   85 ++++++++++++++++++++
>  include/linux/of_regulator.h                       |   23 +++++

Don't go hiding the bindings for things away from the code they're
binding.  Bindings for the regualtor API are a regulator API thing and
should be part of the regulator API code.

> +Required properties:
> +- compatible: Must be "regulator";

Is this idiomatic or should we just have a helper that parses a big list
of properties from the device node?

> +- mode-fast: boolean, Can handle fast changes in its load
> +- mode-normal: boolean, Normal regulator power supply mode
> +- mode-idle: boolean, Can be more efficient during light loads
> +- mode-standby: boolean, Can be most efficient during light loads

I guess these are actually permissions to set the given modes?  The
documentation should be clearer.

> +- apply-uV: apply uV constraint if min == max

This seems a bit Linux/runtime policy specific (especially the last
bit).