Subject: Please help with the OMAP static mapping mess

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 18:35:46 -0700

* Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]> [111004 17:23]:
> On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> 
> > In any case, I suggest we add the following __arm_ioremap_exec patch
> > and then sort out issues with it as they show up.
> > 
> > This allows further work on the common SRAM genalloc patches and generic
> > map_io patches.
> > 
> > Nico, I already have a series converting omap2+ to use the the patch
> > below, and it seems to be working just fine for SRAM. I'll post that
> > series separately shortly. Maybe take a look and see if that allows
> > you to do the generic map_io changes?
> 
> Yes, that looks fine.  Maybe you could avoid exporting the symbol until 
> it is actually needed though.

OK good, will drop the export.
 
> The other thing I need is for the code using ioremap() such as in 
> omap2_set_globals_control() to be called only after the corresponding 
> static mappings are already installed.  Then everything should go 
> smoothly.

Ah, set_globals inits can now move to init_early as well. That happens
after map_io so sounds like that should do for what you need.

Will reply with a patch for that to the series. BTW, these patches
depends on the various cleanup related branches that we have queued,
I think there may be few more patches missing from Arnd's tree still.
I also need to do a bit more testing on it tomorrow.

Regards,

Tony