Subject: [GIT PULL] omap fixes for -rc series and merge window

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 22:12:50 +0200

On Friday 07 October 2011, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> Then merge all the -rc fixes for various ARM platforms with:
> 
> $ git checkout fixes-for-rc
> $ git reset --hard v3.1-rc9
> $ git merge omap/fixes-for-rc soc foo/fixes-for-rc bar/fixes-for-rc
> 
> And then no rebasing is needed. Of course I could also set up
> a separate fixes-for-rc for that if you prefrer that :)

Right, that works. I normally have a 'fixes' branch for the current
release and a 'next/fixes' branch for stuff that should wait for the
merge window.

Unfortunately, some of the stuff I already merged into 'fixes' turned
out not to be 3.1 material after all. Adding a third branch of course
works, so I can do that tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestion.

	Arnd