Subject: [PATCH v5 4/7] arm: omap4: hwmod: introduce emu hwmod

From: [email-masked] (Jamie Iles)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 11:47:35 +0000

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 11:41:47AM +0000, Will Deacon wrote:
> [Adding Benoit to CC].
> 
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 09:02:14AM +0000, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> > On Wed, 9 Nov 2011, Ming Lei wrote:
> > > Also, current arm perf code don't handle three IRQs(one pl310 irq and 
> > > two CTI irq) inside one device correctly.
> > 
> > To fix this, that ARM perf code should either be using 
> > platform_get_irq_byname(), or the hwmod hardware data will need to be 
> > rearranged to meet the arbitrary ordering requirement.  I'd suggest 
> > pinging Will on this issue to see what he wants to do.
> 
> The issue stems from the fact that we have to route the PMU interrupts to
> the correct CPU manually (I think only MSM routes them as PPIs, which is
> clearly the correct thing to do). To do this, we expect the IRQ resources to
> be laid out in CPU order. In hindsight, maybe naming the resources might
> have been a good idea, but them we'd still have to generate the names using
> CPU numbers when iterating through the platform device.

There isn't yet a way to do naming of resources with DT, and although I 
think there was a proposal for doing named register resources I don't 
think this has been accepted and there wasn't anything for IRQ 
resources...

Jamie