Subject: [PATCH] arm, davinci: configure davinci aemif chipselects through OF

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 15:48:08 +0000

On Thursday 08 December 2011, Nori, Sekhar wrote:
> DaVinci AEMIF is an async memory interface peripheral implemented
> in arch/arm/mach-davinci/aemif.c. It helps interface to NAND, NOR
> and other asynchronous memories. Currently it just provides an API
> for timing value configuration. The API is invoked by the MTD NAND
> driver.
> 
> Specification here: http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/sprue20c/sprue20c.pdf
> 
> We are looking at a place for this outside of architecture code.

I think the best place depends on how you plan to use the sram
interface. If all memory behind the aemif is handled by mtd, I would
put the entire driver somewhere in the mtd infrastructure.

If you want it to provide endpoint devices that are handled by
distinct subsystems in Linux, I would make it an mfd multifunction
device and make the common code a driver that scans the connected
memories in order to register its child devices for each of the
subsystems.

	Arnd