Subject: [PATCH v2 0/7] s3c-hsudc: regulator handling and a lot of fixes

From: [email-masked] (Heiko Stübner)
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 20:23:04 +0100

In his response to the first submission Felipe Balbi asked to also move
the driver to the new udc_start and udc_stop functions and to make an
effort to reduce dependencies on archictecture code.

The first patch reduces the number of arch dependencies by one by moving
the platform data struct to a header unter include/linux/usb.

The third patch adds a remove function, that was missing until now.

The fifth and sixt patches implement the move to udc_start / udc_stop

And the last patch finally allows the s3c-hsudc driver to control its
supplying regulators as intended in the first place.

The regulator calls can use the regulators unconditionally and let
necessary "stubbing and mapping" happen through the regulator framework,
according to for example
http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=131914562120725&w=2
meaning there is no need to gracefully fail if a regulator is not present.

Each patch was compile-tested individually, the series applies cleanly
against linux-next from 2011-12-16.

Real-life testing happened on S3C2416 hardware including adding and
removing of gadgets and unloading and later on reloading the s3c_hsudc
module.

Heiko Stuebner (7):
  s3c-hsudc: move platform_data struct to global header
  s3c-hsudc: add __devinit to probe function
  s3c-hsudc: add a remove function
  s3c-hsudc: add missing otg_put_transceiver in probe
  s3c-hsudc: move device registration to probe and remove
  s3c-hsudc: use udc_start and udc_stop functions
  s3c-hsudc: Add regulator handling

 arch/arm/mach-s3c2416/mach-smdk2416.c    |    1 +
 arch/arm/plat-samsung/devs.c             |    1 +
 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/udc.h |   15 +---
 drivers/usb/gadget/s3c-hsudc.c           |  142 +++++++++++++++++++++---------
 include/linux/usb/s3c-hsudc.h            |   34 +++++++
 5 files changed, 136 insertions(+), 57 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 include/linux/usb/s3c-hsudc.h

-- 
1.7.2.3