Subject: [PATCH 0/12] Add clk_prepare/clk_unprepare for mxs clock api

From: [email-masked] (Marek Vasut)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 14:59:38 +0100

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 02:43:02PM +0100, Marek Vasut wrote:
> > > The mutex locking problem on mxs platform has been reported on mailing
> > > list for a few time.  The cause is that a mutex is being held in mxs
> > > clock api clk_enable/clk_disable which are being called by some mxs
> > > clock client drivers like amba-pl011 and mxs-saif in atomic context.
> > > 
> > > This series takes Russell's suggestion to:
> > >  * Convert all mxs clock client drivers to clk_prepare/clk_unprepare.
> > >  
> > >    (I hope the series has covered all the drivers, but appreciate any
> > >    reminding on any missing ones.)
> > 
> > serial/amba-pl011.c isn't converted, that's where I originally observed
> > the issue.
> 
> The amba-pl011 on mainline had already been converted by Russell.  The
> reason we are still seeing the problem is that clk_prepare/clk_unprepare
> is dummy while clk_enable/clk_disable holds mutex on mxs clock api.
> And this series is trying to swap the their position to have the problem
> fixed.
> 
> You can try this series out to see if your problem goes away :)

Shawn, what exact tree should I use for the test / what branch. I'm slightly 
confused here. So far, I used next/master since it contained all the stuff I 
needed (gpmi nand etc).

Thanks!

M