Subject: [PATCH 1/1] regulator/fixed: set constraints.apply_uV to 0

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 21:59:28 +0000

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 09:26:30AM +0800, Richard Zhao wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 01:02:40AM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:

> > > > It shouldn't actually be passing on the constraint setting the voltage
> > > > when it constructs the constraints.

> The below code is where fixed regulator construct the constraints.

It's not code which is specific to the fixed regulator, it's generic
code that's used by all regulators.

> > > -       /* Only one voltage?  Then make sure it's set. */
> > > -       if (constraints->min_uV == constraints->max_uV)
> > > -               constraints->apply_uV = true;

> > No!  That's going to break *all* other users.

> The above code follows your idea. why you still say no?

You're just randomly inserting code for a specific driver into the
generic regulator API with no consideration for the effect on other
users.

> Could you please past some code to show your suggested solution,
> or you send out a patch to fix it?

Not in the immediate future.