Subject: [RFC PATCH v2 2/2] ARM: imx: Add mx5 cpuidle implmentation

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 05:55:09 +0000

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 05:35:39PM -0600, Rob Lee wrote:
> On 22 December 2011 11:50, Mark Brown
> > On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 01:02:06AM -0600, Robert Lee wrote:

> >> + ? ? clk_enable(&gpc_dvfs_clk);

> > Should these enables be in the cpuidle code? ?The device appears to have
> > been working fine without them thus far... ?Alternatively, if they
> > should be on anyway does this need to be split out and sent as a bug
> > fix?

> This clock is used by the existing pm_suspend code for i.MX51 and
> other future code being worked on.  Since it uses extremely minimal
> power and is required to be enabled during low power modes, it seemed
> cleanest to just enable it during clock init.  But I forgot to remove
> it from it's enabling from i.MX51 pm_suspend code so I can do that for
> v3.

Sounds like it's worth splitting out and getting it merged as quickly as
possible then?  It wasn't the code I was querying, it was the way it is
being merged.