Subject: [GIT PULL] Samsung devel for v3.3

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:37:13 +0000

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 08:13:54PM +0000, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 January 2012, Mark Brown wrote:

> > That sounds like it'd be helpful overall but it's something that has to
> > be sorted out at the maintainer level.  I'm guessing there's not really
> > much that contributors can do here?

> I think you did everything as good as you could, we just need to routinely
> call for everyone to submit stuff in time. A number of maintainers sent stuff
> after Christmas (which I expected to start the merge window) and were mostly
> lucky because Linus gave us an extra 10 days to sort things out.

I guess it would also be useful to have some way to compare what's in
-next with what's in the arm-soc tree and chase people if that diff gets
big.  I do also wonder if it's worth letting people push stuff to you
more aggressively - right now you seem to be asking people to batch
things up and I wonder if that's making it a it easier for things to end
up dropping on the floor if a time based routine isn't working well for
people.

> end, samsung also did for the most part but not entirely and you were
> unfortunate to be the contributor of the patches that missed out.

It's not just me, I'm just vocal and perhaps more to the point spend a
reasonable amount of time chasing stuff into various trees so want to
figure out if I need to change what I'm doing with that.