Subject: [PATCH 2/3] ARM: AT91: IIO: Add AT91 ADC driver.

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:35:05 +0000

On Monday 16 January 2012, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <[email-masked]>
> 
> Cc: Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Nicolas Ferre <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Patrice Vilchez <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Thomas Petazzoni <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Jonathan Cameron <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Marek Vasut <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

I think I reviewed this driver before, but I don't remember any of the
details I may have complained about. I assume everything was fixed,
since the driver looks good in this version ;-)

Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

Two general comments:

* Please add a changeset description (i.e. thetext above your
Signed-off-by: line) for every patch you do. Just read a few
dozen patches that get posted to lkml to get a feeling for
what would be useful to have in there. For a new driver, it
would be helpful to know what hardware uses this driver and
what the device does there.

* Over time, we will get stricter in requiring device tree
bindings for new platform devices, to replace platform_data
where appropriate. It's not required yet, but it would be nice
to describe the long-term plan in submissions that add new
platform_data but no device tree bindings.

	Arnd