Subject: [PATCH v2 0/8] S3C24XX: remove global plat/s3c24??.h SoC-headers

From: [email-masked] (Heiko Stübner)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:10:51 +0100

The plat-samsung/s3c24??.h headers contain function declarations that are
private to the relevant SoCs.

This patchset follows the work started by Kukjin Kim for newer Samsung-SoCs
and moves them from a global space to their SoC directories.

The the only non-mach user of these files is plat-s3c24xx/cpu.c . It seemes
to have been built to generalize the init of S3C24XX-SoCs, but in reality
its savings are rather low and introduce ifdef-voodoo to distinguish i.e.
between S3C2412 and S3C2416.

All the S3C24XX SoCs already have a s3c24??.c file keeping code common
to all cpus in the respective directory. These file can also carry the
SoC-specific cpu-init - the relevant parts of the cpu.c code.
cpu.c is completely removed at the end of the series.

Each patch is compile-tested individually and correctnes of the
move was tested on s3c2416 hardware - so hopefully I did not break any other
of the touched SoCs.

The series is based on linux-next of 2012-01-17.

changes since v1:
the SoCs already contain files for common code, so there is no need to
introduce an additional common.c . Also this common.c would hinder reducing
the number of mach-directories as suggested by Kukjin Kim in the long run.
When the code lives in SoC specific files they can happily share the same
directory at a later time without requiring additional renames.

Heiko Stuebner (8):
  S3C24XX: Remove extern declaration of clk_msysclk
  S3C24XX: move common S3C2443 clock definitions to clock.h
  S3C2410: move s3c2410_baseclk_add to clock.h
  S3C2416: move io-init to SoC specific files
  S3C2443: move io-init to SoC specific files
  S3C2440: move io-init to SoC specific files
  S3C2412: move io-init to SoC specific files
  S3C2410: move io-init to SoC specific files

 arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/common.h               |   17 --
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/mach-amlm5900.c        |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/mach-bast.c            |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/mach-h1940.c           |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/mach-n30.c             |    5 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/mach-otom.c            |    5 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/mach-qt2410.c          |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/mach-smdk2410.c        |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/mach-tct_hammer.c      |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/mach-vr1000.c          |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/s3c2410.c              |   50 ++++++-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/s3c2410.h              |   28 ++++
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2412/clock.c                |    3 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2412/mach-jive.c            |    5 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2412/mach-smdk2413.c        |    6 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2412/mach-vstms.c           |    5 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2412/pm.c                   |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2412/s3c2412.c              |   49 ++++++-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2412/s3c2412.h              |   30 ++++
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2416/clock.c                |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2416/mach-smdk2416.c        |    6 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2416/s3c2416.c              |   40 +++++-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2416/s3c2416.h              |   30 ++++
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/common.h               |   17 --
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/dsc.c                  |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/mach-anubis.c          |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/mach-at2440evb.c       |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/mach-gta02.c           |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/mach-mini2440.c        |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/mach-nexcoder.c        |    6 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/mach-osiris.c          |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/mach-rx1950.c          |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/mach-rx3715.c          |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/mach-smdk2440.c        |    6 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/s3c2440.c              |    3 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/s3c2442.c              |    3 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/s3c244x.c              |   71 +++++++++-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/s3c244x.h              |   37 +++++
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2443/clock.c                |    3 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2443/mach-smdk2443.c        |    6 +-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2443/s3c2443.c              |   40 +++++-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c2443/s3c2443.h              |   31 ++++
 arch/arm/plat-s3c24xx/Makefile               |    1 -
 arch/arm/plat-s3c24xx/cpu.c                  |  207 --------------------------
 arch/arm/plat-s3c24xx/s3c2410-clock.c        |    1 -
 arch/arm/plat-s3c24xx/s3c2443-clock.c        |    1 -
 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/clock.h   |   22 +++
 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/cpu.h     |    2 -
 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/s3c2410.h |   33 ----
 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/s3c2412.h |   32 ----
 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/s3c2416.h |   33 ----
 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/s3c2443.h |   54 -------
 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/s3c244x.h |   42 -----
 53 files changed, 485 insertions(+), 509 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/common.h
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/s3c2410.h
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-s3c2412/s3c2412.h
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-s3c2416/s3c2416.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/common.h
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/s3c244x.h
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-s3c2443/s3c2443.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/plat-s3c24xx/cpu.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/s3c2410.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/s3c2412.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/s3c2416.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/s3c2443.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/s3c244x.h

-- 
1.7.5.4