Subject: OMAP3 L2/outer cache enabled in kernel (after being disabled by uBoot)?

From: [email-masked] (Catalin Marinas)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:30:29 +0000

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 08:57:11AM +0000, Joe Woodward wrote:
> > So I re-iterate that we need to have solution to this problem.
> 
> ... I don't want to be a pain, but it seems to me that this dicussion
> didn't reach a full conclussion?

Probably not, because it depends on many variables. See below my take on
this.

> I think it was left with the open options being:
> 1) Leave the L2/outer cache enabled in the bootloader (not ideal and
> may cause problems with future devices)

This depends on whether the L2 is inner or outer:

L2 inner - leave it enabled in the boot loader
L2 outer - leave it disabled in the boot loader

> 2) Turn the L2/outer cache on for OMAP3 later in the kernel boot when
> the device is known

Same as above:

L2 inner - don't do anything, it gets used when SCTLR.M is enabled
L2 outer - enabled at boot time via the platform code (later, after MMU
	was enabled).

-- 
Catalin