Subject: [PATCH 0/6] ASoC: a few cleanups on sound/soc/fsl

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 11:44:15 +0000

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 10:17:58AM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 01:39:05AM +0000, Tabi Timur-B04825 wrote:

> > That's not what Mark is talking about.  You somehow posted patch 0/6 as a 
> > reply to the *previous* patchset, so the two patchsets were merged into 
> > one email thread.

> Sorry, you and Mark are not listening to Shawn.  Even worse, you're
> telling Shawn that what he's trying to explain to you is not the point
> when it is actually the whole point.

> The "[PATCH 0/6] ASoC: a few cleanups on sound/soc/fsl" was posted as a
> follow-up to "[PATCH 1/4] ASoC: imx: let SND_MXC_SOC_FIQ select FIQ".

> So, the "*previous* patchset" _was_ "[PATCH 1/4] ASoC: imx: let
> SND_MXC_SOC_FIQ select FIQ" and not some other random patch set.  That
> is a fundamental fact, which can't be argued.  Anyone can verify it, and
> it can be verified by checking the email headers.

No, I get that it's a new version of the same patch set rather than a
totally unrelated patch set that was followed up to - I'd still rather
it weren't posted like that as the threading ends up being less helpful
than is desirable.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20120225/63a85b3a/attachment.sig>