Subject: [PATCH 0/6] ASoC: a few cleanups on sound/soc/fsl

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 13:58:43 +0000

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 12:12:17PM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> Take a look at the diffstat, and you'll see that there's no way that it's
> a "new version of the same patch set".  Tell me, how can the set of six

Yeah, sorry - I misremembered the specific reason they were related when
I replied to you.

> And if you bother to read Shawn's reply to your question, you'll see that
> the whole reason he grouped the two together is because they follow on
> from each other.

No, I understand that the patch sets are related, like I say I had
misremembered the relation when replying to you.

> So my point that you're not listening stands.

I am, what I'm asking is that people don't send new patch sets in reply
to old ones even if they are related as while the thought is good in
that case the software tends not to do a great job with it.  Either just
mentioning things in the cover letter or resending the previous stuff as
part of a new, combined series tends to work better.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20120225/722e71b2/attachment-0001.sig>