Subject: [PATCHv3] ARM: add jump label support

From: [email-masked] (Rabin Vincent)
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:54:06 +0530

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:30:44PM +0530, Rabin Vincent wrote:
> Add the arch-specific code to support jump labels for ARM and Thumb-2.
> 
> This code will only be activated on compilers that are capable of
> building it.  It has been tested with GCC 4.6 patched with the patch
> from GCC bug 48637.
> 
> Cc: Jason Baron <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Rabin Vincent <[email-masked]>
> ---
...
> +static __always_inline bool arch_static_branch(struct jump_label_key *key)

Hmm, there's now a patch in linux-next ("static keys: Introduce 'struct
static_key', static_key_true()/false() and static_key_slow_[inc|dec]()")
via the -tip tree which would cause this not to build anymore since
struct jump_label_key was renamed to struct static_key.

I'm not sure how this could be handled to keep this compiling both in
the arm tree separately and in linux-next.  I guess the easiest is to
delay this until the next cycle, since it's not applied yet.