Subject: [PATCH 06/14] ARM: kirkwood: convert uart0 to devicetree.

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 17:01:01 +0000

On Thursday 08 March 2012, Jason wrote:
> 
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 09:13:04PM +0000, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > Finally, something could be wrong with the interrupt controller.
> > AFAICT, you register it through the device tree now, but it's also
> > getting initialized through kirkwood_init_irq, so the numbers
> > would all be wrong.
> 
> Yes, I'm working through this now.  mv_cesa silently fails to come up
> if it can't find the interrupt controller via fdt.  So, it needs to get
> done.
> 
> Right now, I'm looking at how mach-versatile does it (vic_init()) since
> it's also an ARM926ej-s...
> 

Ok, sounds good. It's not important whether it's an ARM9 or not btw.
You should look at both anything that defines an "interrupt-controller"
property as an example including Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/vic.txt
and Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/gic.txt.

(taking Thomas Gleixner on Cc)

Since the orion irq chip is based on irqchip_generic, it would be
perfect to have a generic irqchip binding to go along with
kernel/irq/generic-chip.c. Not sure if anyone has thought about this
before, but it looks like we can completely avoid using
arch/arm/plat-orion/irq.c and arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/irq.c if we
do that.

	Arnd