Subject: [GIT PULL] ARM: OMAP2+: PM: core support for SMPS regulators for v3.4

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 17:32:16 +0000

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 10:26:53AM -0700, Kevin Hilman wrote:
> Mark Brown <[email-masked]> writes:

> > The branch itself is essentially stable but I'm not enthused about the
> > idea of merging the whole thing via the OMAP tree.  

> Right, I wasn't suggesting we merge it via OMAP tree.   I was just
> looking for a stable point we could use as s dependency when merging
> everything together for the arm-soc tree.

Well, if you don't base the OMAP changes that depend on it off the
regulator changes then you'll break bisection as you'll have a bunch of
commits which won't have all their dependencies present on a branch
(since they're not present in the branch point and aren't otherwise
merged in), if bisect goes down that branch it'll be miserable.  That
seems bad and while I've not run into it with OMAP in particular it's
rather painful when it does happen.

It's much better if the branch has the required changes merged into it
prior to their being used.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20120312/b4b9e091/attachment-0001.sig>