Subject: [PATCH 6/8] mmc: omap_hsmmc: add DMA engine support

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:11:12 -0700

* Russell King <[email-masked]> [120418 03:15]:
> Add DMA engine support to the OMAP HSMMC driver.  This supplements the
> private DMA API implementation contained within this driver, and the
> driver can be switched at build time between using DMA engine and the
> private DMA API.

Glad to see this happening!

No luck here though, after a quick test I'm getting the following with MMC
not working:

zoom3
[    2.277160] omap_hsmmc omap_hsmmc.1: unable to obtain RX DMA engine channel 48
[    2.284729] omap_hsmmc omap_hsmmc.2: unable to obtain RX DMA engine channel 78
[    2.292999] omap_hsmmc omap_hsmmc.0: unable to obtain RX DMA engine channel 62
blaze
[    1.681610] omap_hsmmc omap_hsmmc.1: unable to obtain RX DMA engine channel 48
[    1.689331] omap_hsmmc omap_hsmmc.0: unable to obtain RX DMA engine channel 62
[    1.697174] omap_hsmmc omap_hsmmc.4: unable to obtain RX DMA engine channel 60
n900
[    2.492248] omap_hsmmc omap_hsmmc.0: unable to obtain RX DMA engine channel 62
[    2.500488] omap_hsmmc omap_hsmmc.1: unable to obtain RX DMA engine channel 48

And leaving out patch 7/8 produces similar errors for both rx and tx, but MMC
works without DMA:

n900
[    2.478363] omap_hsmmc omap_hsmmc.0: unable to obtain RX DMA engine channel 62
[    2.486267] omap_hsmmc omap_hsmmc.0: unable to obtain TX DMA engine channel 61
[    2.718322] omap_hsmmc omap_hsmmc.1: unable to obtain RX DMA engine channel 48
[    2.726135] omap_hsmmc omap_hsmmc.1: unable to obtain TX DMA engine channel 47

Regards,

Tony