Subject: [PATCH v5 06/27] irq_domain/powerpc: eliminate irq_map; use irq_alloc_desc() instead

From: [email-masked] (Grant Likely)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 12:42:38 -0600

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 07:37:28 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 14:57 -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> > 
> > Yeah, I've got a different way to fix it though.  There is exactly one
> > user of irq_virq_count in-tree right now: PS3.  Also, irq_virq_count
> > is only useful for the NOMAP mapping.  So, instead of having a single
> > global irq_virq_count values, I've dropped it entirely and added a
> > max_irq argument to irq_domain_add_nomap().  That makes it a property
> > of an individual nomap irq domain instead of a global system settting.
> > 
> > Hopefully I'll have a draft patch ready today. 
> 
> That works for me. I'll send patches for cleanup MPIC as well.

Okay, I'll wait on these.  The MPIC fixes will need to be applied
before I can apply the automatic revmapping and hint removal patches.
Those patches will also need testing before I apply to linux-next.

g.