Subject: [PATCH 00/15] arch/arm/mach-* late_initcall cleanup

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 12:45:02 +0000

On Wednesday 02 May 2012, Shawn Guo wrote:
> This series tries to clean up those late_initcall in arch/arm/mach-*,
> which will be a blocker for single kernel build for multiple platforms.
> Even on single platform, for example imx, where we already have single
> kernel image for imx3, imx5 and imx6 families, late_initcall does not
> scale.  We have to detect soc type in the late_initcall to do soc
> sepcific late initialization.

Hi Shawn,

If you're targetting this at v3.5, I think we should get it into arm-soc
as a staging branch to give it some more testing in linux-next ASAP.

If you send me a pull request, I can put it in and then we upgrade it
to a proper branch for the next merge window when everyone is happy
with it. Until then, you can send add-on patches or replacement
pull requests. Most importantly, the first patch needs an Ack from
Russell and we should see if there are any serious conflicts of the
other patches with stuff in his tree. If so, we should put the
branch into both the arm and the arm-soc tree before we send it off
to Linus.

On a related note, do you plan to do the same thing for subsys_initcall?

	Arnd