Subject: [PATCH 00/02] mach-shmobile: Emma Mobile EV2 - first shot

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 19:50:01 +0000

On Saturday 05 May 2012, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > All the chips in there so far share a common ancestry and they all use a
> > significant subset of the same drivers shared with arch/sh: i2c-sh_mobile,
> > sh-dma-engine, sh_cmt, sh-sci, sh_tmu, intc, pfc and sh_clk. AFAICT, this one
> > uses none of those and apparently was developed by NEC before the merger with
> > Renesas.
> 
> I see.  So your opinion is that it may have more in common with the other
> ARM-based platforms?

Not with any one in particular, although there are a lot of similarities between
recent Cortex-A9 based designs. I just think it would be more logical to put the
files into a new mach-emma directory in the same way that every other family has
its own directory.

As I said, I don't mind if you share infrastructure with mach-shmobile, like
using the same mach/*.h header files, but if you end up sharing actual code,
it would be nicer to put it into some location where it can also be shared by
other platforms.

	Arnd