Subject: [PATCH-V5 2/3] arm:omap:am33xx: Add AM335XEVM machine support

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 10:32:29 -0700

* Hiremath, Vaibhav <[email-masked]> [120507 07:41]:
> On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 01:35:47, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > 
> > I suggest doing some clean-up patches before adding SOC_AM33XX where
> > you just convert those to be
> > 
> > #if defined(CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP2PLUS) && !defined(CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP2)
> > 
> > or something similar depending if they already are inside mach-omap2
> > directory. This will make them future proof for adding new SoCs
> > without having to patch all over the place.

BTW, just noticied that the above won't work the right way in the
multi-omap case when all of them are compiled in..

> Cool, I also thought exactly same solution on this, but next thought came to 
> my mind was, it won't scale up, since we still have dependency on ARCH_OMAP2 
> option. However, it will be a good temporary solution for our problem, lets 
> review them first (I will submit shortly).

..so probably the best way to deal with that is with the additional
CONFIG_SOC_OMAP3PLUS and CONFIG_SOC_OMAP4PLUS options that I posted
at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-omap at vger.kernel.org/msg67938.html

Can you please take a look and see how that works for am33xx?

Regards,

Tony