Subject: [PATCH] clk: Fix race conditions between clk_set_parent() and clk_enable()

From: [email-masked] (Sascha Hauer)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 22:00:40 +0200

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 12:51:06PM -0700, Saravana Kannan wrote:
> >>  	ret = clk->ops->set_parent(clk->hw, i);
> >
> >You call ->set_parent while holding a spinlock. This won't work with i2c
> >clocks.
> 
> I did account for that. I explained it in the commit text. Please
> let me know if any part of that is not clear or is not correct.
>

I missed this part in the commit log. I have no idea whether we can live
with this limitation though.

Sascha

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                           |                             |
Industrial Linux Solutions                 | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |
Peiner Str. 6-8, 31137 Hildesheim, Germany | Phone: +49-5121-206917-0    |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686           | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |