Subject: [PATCH] arm: Add basic support for new Marvell Armada SoC family

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 20:34:49 +0000

On Wednesday 16 May 2012, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> In this case, we have wildly different names referring to the same chip 
> family, and "orion" is far from hinting that it also constitute the 
> support for Kirkwood, Dove or (some not all) Armadas, unless you are 
> familiar with some legacy Marvell products.  This is why in this case I 
> think that a directory name change might be appropriate, especially if 
> we're going to cause churn by moving things around already.
> 
> I agree that mrvl_ebu_* is not pretty.  This could be mv_ebu_* or 
> mvebu_*.  Unless someone has another logical identifier to suggest which 
> would capture all that family of SOCs that came out of EBU in Marvell of 
> course.
> 
> Since this is code not marketing, we don't have to have something flashy 
> either, as long as it doesn't create more confusion than "orion" does.  
> The various Kconfig help texts are good places to put all the marketing 
> names du jour.

mvebu sounds reasonable to me, it's definitely unique and it's almost a
word ;-)

	Arnd