Subject: [PATCH V2 00/11] enable imx6q_sabrelite sgtl5000 audio support

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 15:45:44 +0100

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 08:59:31PM +0800, Richard Zhao wrote:

> >   ASoC: imx-audmux: add pinctrl support
> >   ASoC: fsl_ssi: convert to use devm_clk_get

> Linus has sent out pull request for pinctrl. So is that ok for you
> to pick up the above two patch?

No, apart from anything else the second patch depends on clkdev which is
nothing to do with pinctrl!  For the first patch it wasn't clear if the
changes in pinctrl were the actual dependencies or if there were more
things needed from the ARM tree, and in any case until those patches are
actually in the ASoC tree we'll break the build if they get applied.

Guys, you really need to think about how you're organising what you're
doing more.  You need to split your work out into focused lines of
development rather than just having a single branch.  

This patch series contains a whole bunch of different changes (the
devm_clk_get() change is as far as I can tell completely unrelated to
the rest for example) with unclear dependencies on multiple external
trees.  You should be splitting unrelated changes out, trying to
minimise interdependencies, and clearly identifying the dependencies
that are there we can get things applied in a timely fashion.

Please resend these patches *after* their dependencies are in mainline.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20120521/5be3e67e/attachment.sig>