Subject: Linux Kernel boot up stops after message "Uncompressing Linux....done, booting the kernel"

From: [email-masked] (Domenico Andreoli)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 12:32:21 +0200

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:52:46AM +0530, K K wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> We have a lpc-3180 based board and it is up and running fine with 2.6.10
> kernel version. We planned to port our board changes into 2.6.32 kernel
> version.

2.6.32, really?

> kernel build successfully. When we booting the board with the new 2.6.32
> kernel we are getting following messages and its stops.

Two cases:

  1. earlyprintk is configured and enabled but points to the
     wrong console and your platform hangs on it because it's not
     initialized/ready. the correct console seems ok, the uncompressor
     is able to use it. check debug-macro.S to be sure it uses the
     correct address.

  2. earlyprintk is not enabled (or configured) and your kernel is
     not finding the console (any console= on the cmdline? driver
     issue?) or dies before finding it. try enabling earlyprintk (and
     check debug-macro.S as well).

cheers,
Domenico

ps: post also the kernel configuration