Subject: [PATCH v2 4/6] ARM: Samsung: Modify s3c64xx_spi{0|1|2}_set_platdata function

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 11:13:26 +0100

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 06:05:31PM +0800, Thomas Abraham wrote:
> On 30 May 2012 17:34, Mark Brown <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Right, and there's no problem at all with using the name. ?The thing is
> > that there's no need to set the name at runtime since the struct device
> > being configured is always going to end up with the same name and doing
> > so is just causing confusion. ?The device being registered is specific
> > to the SoC already so setting the SoC name at runtime isn't needed.

> I think I did not understand your point. There is only one instance of
> spi platform device statically defined for all Samsung platforms. The

No there isn't.  You've got things like s3c64xx_device_spi0 in
arch/arm/plat-samsung/devs.c (which you'd expect since the resources
that are passed in for memory mapping, DMA and interrupt vary with the
SoC).  The bit of code I was querying just changes "s3c64xx-spi" to
"s3c6410-spi" at runtime in that structure which seems like a waste of
time.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20120530/d71b632c/attachment-0001.sig>