Subject: [PATCH v2 REBASE] ASoC: fsl_ssi: convert to use devm_clk_get

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 11:14:13 +0100

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 11:08:51AM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 11:03:16AM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> > I've not, but I guess there will be an issue.  I'd say the fix here is
> > on the PowerPC side - it's not good to have to have Kconfig bodges for
> > things like this in individual drivers.  Ideally we'd add clkdev
> > support...

> Or get rid of devm_clk_get()'s dependency on CLKDEV (which is in itself
> silly.)

That'd work too, of course (providing everyone has been implementing
clk_put()).  Though getting everyone on the same page with the clock API
seems much more worthwhile if we can do it.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20120605/b70b6c52/attachment-0001.sig>