Subject: [PATCH 04/11] ARM: OMAP2+: usb_host_fs: add custom reset for usb_host_fs (fsusb)

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 23:21:11 -0700

* Paul Walmsley <[email-masked]> [120608 18:35]:
> On Thu, 7 Jun 2012, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> 
> > Oh OK yeah makes sense as that's hwmod internal function. Then the driver
> > specific part should use just void __iomem *base and use readl/writel and
> > live under include/linux/platform_data/omap-usb.h.
> 
> This sounds like something that might be flame-bait, since these functions 
> aren't platform_data.

They at least should be as both platform init code and the driver will
potentially use these functions.
 
> How about putting these functions in arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat?  
> Drivers are able to include those files easily.

We need to pretty much get rid of all those headers and make them driver
specific for the multi-zimage support. Drivers should be arch independent,
and whatever parts need to be shared between platform init code and drivers
should follow the standard platform driver stuff.

The other place would be just the standard driver include at somewhere
like include/linux/usb/omap-usb.h etc.

Regards,

Tony