Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Add ability to set defaultless network device MAC addresses to deterministic computed locally administered values

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 08:50:28 +0000

On Friday 29 June 2012, Andy Green wrote:
> The following series adds some code to generate legal, locally administered
> MAC addresses from OMAP4 CPU Die ID fuse data, and then adds an api to
> devices.c allowing board files to register device paths for network devices
> that wish to use them.
> 
> On PandaBoard / ES, two devices have no board-level MAC either assigned by
> the manufacturer or stored on the board, the last patch in the series adds
> these device paths and gets them set when the network device is registered.
> 
> The patches are against today's linux-omap.
> 

I had already provided my

Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

when we discussed this last year, and Steven also gave his

Tested-by: Steven Rostedt <[email-masked]>

I have one comment to the second patch, which is changed slightly
from the older version.

	Arnd